This course outlines the basics of how to classify commercial/dual use products for Export Control Classification/Licensing purposes (Bureau of Industry and Security) and US Schedule B codes for statistical record keeping purposes (Bureau of Census). Classification procedures for both will be discussed with actual examples to give the audience a first hand look at how to classify exports for ECCN and HTS/Schedule B purposes.
- Export Control Classification and Licensing
- Commerce Control List Overview
- How to classify your product
- License determination
- Use of License exceptions
- How to determine HTS/Schedule B codes